2023 Vermont Flood Response

(click image for applicable link)

The best way for anyone, individual or business, to get started getting help is to call 2-1-1 and report damages.
You can find the forms here as well: https://vermont211.org/


FEMA is on the ground in Vermont to contact them call 1-800-621-3362.

VOAD has told us that people can register damages with FEMA even for an
undeclared county by calling the same number 1-800-621-3362. It may get rejected, but when the county is finally declared you can call FEMA back and update for an appeal. 



Town officials can register with Crisis Cleanup on behalf of their residents. https://www.crisiscleanup.org/





Hedding UMC Church
40 Washington Street
Barre, VT 05641






Resources During Storms:


Road Closures- https://newengland511.org/region/Vermont





Power Outages- https://vtoutages.org/

Alerts- Register at https://vem.vermont.gov/vtalert


Flood safety and other key resources can be flood here at Vermont Public 

Multi Agency Resource Centers

A Multi Agency Resource Center (MARC) is a single location where public and private organizations come together to provide assistance to those affected by disaster.


Locations, hours 9-5 unless otherwise noted:


Johnson, July 17-19: Johnson Elementary School, 57 College Hill
Londonderry, July 18-20: Neighborhood Connections, 5700 VT Route 100
Woodstock, July 18-20 – Woodstock High School, 100 Amsden Way


MARC services include:

Meal and water from the Red Cross

Cleaning kits

Assistance finding recovery resources

Mental health services

Basic medical services


MARCs are designed to:

Expedite individual, family and community recovery following a disaster;

Provide efficient, effective assistance to individuals and families affected by a disaster in a single, “one stop shop” location; Minimize the time and travel distance needed for affected individuals and families to obtain assistance after a disaster; Aid reunification of family and friends; Maximize the use of collective resources and expedite the ability of organizations to deliver services by: eliminating the need for participating organizations to set up individual assistance centers, and facilitating coordination and information sharing between participating organizations; Enable effective coordination with government and non-government agencies;Facilitate the transition to long-term recovery

I Need Help!

(click photo for applicable link)

Farmers impacted by flooding will be unable to grow and sell produce for the remainder of the year. This is a big disruption to our food chain. Please consider donating to the Farmer Emergency Fund through NOFA VT. NOFA VT Farmer Emergency Fund


If you know of a farmer who needs assistance, have them connect with NOFA VT and UVM Ag. Extension for information and support.

Recovery resources: State & Local | National


Connect: Social Media | Mobile App & Text


24/7 counseling: Disaster Distress Helpline

I Want to Help! 


The Bethany Church building suffered major flood damage during the flood on July 10-11. Volunteers are needed for clean up efforts. Help of all levels is needed - from moving kitchen equipment to moving affected appliances to mopping to removing drywall. If you can help, please call Sarah Haugen, office manager at 802-793-6891. If no answer, leave your name, a call back number, and what skills you have to offer. Do not call the church office phone, as we cannot check messages.



United Community Church of Morrisville  



We’ve got gallon jugs of bottled water and water people filled at their wells (in any jug they can find— promise that’s water!) and flats of bottled water. We also have large containers so if you bring in empties we can fill up. Please come to the church RAMP door at 85 Upper Main St. We are here as long as we can be and open again for breakfast at 7 tomorrow. We’ll give out what we have till it’s gone and keep getting more as neighbors bring it in.




Central Vermont was devastated by flooding unlike anything we have seen since Hurricane Irene. Due to this disaster, we have several members of the congregation and the community in need. If you are able to assist in any capacity, please reach out to Rev. Leigh McCaffrey at 802-477-3506 or

the church at 802-476-3065.

If there was ever a time to come together in support and love, the time is now


If you are looking to volunteer to help with Flood Recovery efforts, here is the sign up link from the City of Barre -----> https://www.barrecity.org/vol-flood.html


I need shelter !


Emergency Shelter: Call 2-1-1 or you can locate shelter options by zip code by visiting the www.redcross.org/local/me-nh-vt/get-help.html or by texting SHELTER and your zip code (for example, “SHELTER 01234”) to 4FEMA (43362). For Spanish text REFUGIO and your zip code. Standard text message rates apply. You can also download the FEMA Mobile App to find open shelters.


If you need temporary housing as a result of the flood, shelters are currently open at the following locations:




Northern Vermont University



FEMA may be able to assist with your temporary housing expenses. Please see the FEMA section under Damage and Disaster Relief below for additional temporary housing supports.

for more resources: https://www.vermont.gov/flood

Donations for Flood Recovery Relief 

The Vermont Conference is encouraging folks to donate to help our Vermont Neighbors you can donate here by using the QR Code 


by sending a check to:


Vermont Conference, UCC

c/o Flood Relief

36 North Main Street

Randolph, VT 05060


(We are very grateful for donations of all sizes!!!)